Required Documentation For A Mortgage Loan
What kind of the documentation do I need?
In today’s day and age, we need much more documentation because if we can’t prove it on paper than it doesn’t exist. So, for income here’s what we do. If you have a job, we’re going to need:
• Two years income taxes Once in a while we won’t need them depending on the circumstances.
• Two years w-2s
• One month’s pay stubs
• Two months bank statements
I need every single page. Sometimes people send me five of the six pages, and they say well this one states intentionally left blank. I need that page also. Otherwise, how do they know it said intentionally left blank?
• All statements from all stock accounts, 401ks, and investments.
• Driver’s license and a social security card
we have to prove who you are to the government
Other documents needed as it relates to you.
• Bankruptcy discharge papers
• Child support statements (pay or receive)
• Alimony (pay or receive)
• Divorce Decrees
Everybody’s situation is a little bit different, and we have to evaluate
everybody’s circumstance separately. So, what we need from you will be different from what your cousin Charlie had to give when he got his loan.
Sit down with me. I will evaluate your life / financial story for the last couple of years and determine what we need to do to help you fire your landlord and buy your own house.